Recipe for spicy “Tantanmen Ramen”
A recipe created by Sapporo Nishiyama always seeking the best quality in corporation with other ramen restaurants since 1953.
This time, we will introduce the recipe of spicy “Tantanmen Ramen”. We will use Nishiyama Sapporo Ramen Noodles and Nishiyama Special Shoyu that you can purchase online and ingredients easily found at supermarkets near you. We will also show you how to make chili oil, so you can add an even more personalized taste.
- Nishiyama Sapporo Ramen Noodles : 1 Portion
- Nishiyama Special Shoyu : 15ml
- Japanese Sesame paste : 75ml(alternatively 1 tbsp: tahini, 1.5 tbsp: peanut paste)
- Vinegar : 15ml
- Welsh onion (white part) : 30g
- Green vegetables (such as pak choi, spinach) : 50g
- Oil (Olive oil or lard) : 10g
- Rayu (Japanese chilli oil. For recipe see below) : 15ml
- Japanese pepper (sansho) or black pepper : a pinch
- Welsh onion (green part) : 50g
- Ginger : 20g
- Japanese pepper (sansho) : 3g
- Chili pepper powder : 50g
- Rapseed or olive oil : 250ml
- Dried chili pepper : 3g
- Water : 15ml
Miso flavored meat
- Pork Minced meat : 80g
- Doubanjiang (fermented chili bean paste) : 15ml
- Tianmian sauce (sweet bean sauce) : 15ml
Let's make RAYU
1. Cut in big parts welsh onion (green part) and ginger.
2. Add water to chili pepper powder and mix to form a thick paste.
3. Put the rapeseed oil or olive oil in a pot.
4. Add the vegetables from step 1 to the pot and bring to the boil over high heat. Then add Szechuan pepper.
5. Simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes add the dried chilli pepper to the pot and simmer all for other 5 minutes.
7. When the vegetables are well cooked, remove it and heat the pot again strongly (to 180 degrees).
8. Pour the oil slowly from the pot into the bowl and mix with the chili paste (from step 2).
9. Let cool it down.
Make MISO FLAVORED MEAT
1. Put oil or lard in the pan and fry slowly over medium-low heat the minced meat.
2. When the oil comes out of the meat, fry on high heat until the meat gets a darker color.
3. Pour Doubanjiang (fermented chili bean paste) into the pan and mix. Then, add Tianmian sauce (sweet bean sauce). *Our tip: Tianmian is rich in sugar, so it is easy to burn.
4. Mix well.
1. Bring to a boil water in a pot.
2. Boil green vegetables (pak choy, spinach, etc.) *Our tip: Keep in mind to not weaken their texture by boiling too much.
3. Cut the vegetables in 5 cm long pieces.
4. Cut welsh onion in thin slices.
1. Put 1 bag of NISHIYAMA SPECIAL SHOYU (soy sauce) in a bowl.
2. Add 15 ml of vinegar.
3. Add japanese sesami paste(or 1 tbsp of tahini, 1.5 tbsp of peanut paste).
4. Add 15ml of rayu and 15ml of sesame oil to the bowl (if you like hot sauce, pour 30ml without sesame oil).
5. Mix well.
6. Add chopped welsh onion.
7. Add Japanese pepper (sansho) or black pepper.
1. Loosen the noodles.
2. Put the ramen noodles in boiling water. After 30 seconds, move the noodles to avoid them sticking together. Then, cook for other 60 seconds. Total cooking time is 90 seconds.
If the boiling water drops rise, add fresh water to control it.
3. Drain noodles.
Serve noodles and toppings
1. Put 250 ml of hot water in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put the noodles in the bowl.
3. Place the miso flavored meat in the center.
4. Put green vegetables and welsh onion (white part) topping over the noodles.
5. Add rayu and…
6. FINISH! Itadakimasu!