A delicious recipe for a vintage Shoyu Ramen.
A recipe created by Sapporo Nishiyama always seeking the best quality in corporation with other ramen restaurants since 1953.
This time, we will introduce the recipe of Shoyu Ramen. We will use Nishiyama Straight Ramen Noodles and Nishiyama Special Shoyu that you can purchase online and ingredients easily found at supermarkets near you.
- NISHIYAMA STRAIGHT RAMEN NOODLES : 1 Portion
- NISHIYAMA SPECIAL SHOYU : 3 Packs
- Pork Neck : 400g
- Welsh onion : 1Piece
- Spring onion : 1Piece
- Garlic : 1Bulb
- Ginger : 30g
- Lard : 10g
- Sake : 15ml
- Mirin : 15ml
- Sugar : 15g
Topping (up to you how much you want to use)
- Charsiu(For recipe see below)
- Welsh onion
- Dried nori seaweed
1. Cut the welsh onion.
2. Cut the garlic in half.
3. Slice the ginger.
4. Put water in a saucepan.
Add pork neck, welsh onion (tear the green part into pieces by hand), garlic and ginger.
5. Let boil once.
6. Remove white foam from boiling water.
7. Simmer on low heat for 2 hours.
8. Put the meat in a freezer bag and seal it airtight. Keep the soup aside.
9. Put two packs of NISHIYAMA SPECIAL SHOYU, mirin, sake and sugar in a pan and heat until the alcohol has evaporated.
10. Add the sauce from the pan to the freezer bag.
11. Put the bag in the water and remove air.
12. Put the freezer bag in another saucepan and simmer over low heat, so that the meat will get a deep taste.
(If the freezer bag touches the bottom of the pot, a hole may open due to heat, so keep it lifted from the bottom of the pot）
1. Cut the leek into fine strips and place in a bowl full of cold water.
2. Wash well and boil trying to keep a good texture.
3. Remove it from the pot and let it cool. Then, squeeze it and cut it into 5 cm pieces.
4. Take the meat out of the freezer bag and slice it.
Make a Ramen bowl
1. Filter the soup made in step 8 of making Charsiu.
2. Loosen the noodles, while bringing to a boil the water in a pot.
3. Put hot water in the bowl and warm it. Drain the water.
4. Put 250ml of soup into the bowl with lard, then mix well.
5. Boil noodles for 70 seconds.
6. Drain the noodles.
7. Put the noodles in the bowl.
8. Add charsiu, spinach, welsh onion and nori seaweed.
Itadakimasu! Here you are, your ramen!